• October 1Yearbooks are on sale for $75! Order at jostensyearbooks.com or see Ms. Brannon.

Order, Order, Order in the Auditorium

Northmont Auditorium Turns into a "Fairytale Courtroom"

Junior Micah Via (left) as the Wicked Witch and sophomore Deven Cannon (right) as the Big Bad Wolf perform in Drama Club's final performance,

Junior Micah Via (left) as the Wicked Witch and sophomore Deven Cannon (right) as the Big Bad Wolf perform in Drama Club's final performance, "Fairytale Courtroom."

Harley Johnson, Editor-in-Chief

Northmont Drama Club ends the season with their final show, “Fairytale Courtroom,” which has a cast of about 35 students.

“Fairytale Courtroom” is a play about the Big Bad Wolf and the Wicked Witch on trial. Several fairytale creatures and characters will be present as witnesses and the audience will be the jury.

“I like the improv part because it helps us practice staying in character when a weird question is asked to us,” said sophomore Caleb Malone.

The cast worked with a new director for the spring show this year, Ms. Bri Sheets. Sheets graduated from Northmont in 2008 and works for Montgomery County EMC as a school occupational therapist.

“It was good. I had fun working with Bri and it was just a fun and interesting change to working in a show,” said senior Maggie Salata.

While some liked the change, others took some time getting used to it.

“Puterbaugh seems more down to earth,” said freshman Ian Spraul. “Don’t get me wrong I liked Bri too.”

While Puterbaugh is the Drama Club Director, he sought assistance from Sheets because of a conflict with the spring show.

“I’ve done tech in the past and I never had directed before, so when I heard about the opportunity I jumped on it,” said Sheets. She hopes to direct more shows at Northmont in the future.

To most people in the cast, this show is more interactive than past shows. Audience members will be in charge to determine whether the Big Bad Wolf and the Wicked Witch are innocent or guilty by voting at a table in the lobby. The show is about an hour long, which includes the 20 minutes the audience gets to vote. Depending on how the audience votes will determine the ending of the show.

“[This show is] interactive, punny, and energetic,” said Salata.

The show will premiere on Thursday, April 19 at 7:30 pm. The other show dates are: Friday, April 20 and Saturday, April 21 at 7:30 pm. Doors will open at 7 pm and tickets are $5.

About the Writer
Harley Johnson, Editor-in-Chief
Harley Johnson is a junior in her third year of journalism. She likes to read, write, and posts videos on YouTube. She loves music, dance, theatre, and art. Harley is the head of the prop crew in drama club and the head editor of the journalism staff.